Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Aww, Crap! D:

Recently, my poor Computer needed to have a visit with a Computer Technician due to the fact that earlier that day, I somehow had caught a severe case of what many of you may know as "Adware," an despite my efforts, could not remove it. I attempted disabling any possible applications following or supporting the Company entitled "CouponDropDown," yet my efforts failed me. Even the "great" and "infamous" Norton could not detect the Virus, therefore made it a situation impossible to delete. Don't worry, I did not only rely on the "power" of Norton, I did attempt to download the popular Malwarebytes, merely to have the site blocked by what I like to refer to as "sludge," though many other people in this world refer to it as "Spyware."  On its' visit to a Repair-Shop, it was out of my possession for a week, creating a wide span of inactivity of DeviantART, Blogger, and YouTube all the same.
At the time of its' ultimate return to my grasp, I was shocked to learn that the Technicians detected a dangerous Backdoor ranging from the "Tranwos" family, multiple Trojans, ".Tracur" and ".Dropper" to name a select few, along with multiple forms of Spyware, some of which I had detected, others which I was shocked to know I hadn't. Through this experience, I have now learned that I have developed a pure dislike of Norton and other Symantec Products, and I am now a wide supporter of "Sophos." ^.^

Note: I did not intentionally or foolishly download these Viruses: Many of them are believed to have been downloaded during a process of what is called a "Drive-By-Download."

No comments: